News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1949 Cadillac door reassembly, exterior handles & conv 4dr differences

Started by rodsragsnrides, August 10, 2017, 11:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodsragsnrides

Hello All
I am reassembling a convertible, complete frame off, and with the parts from multiple cars, we may have mixed in 4dr and 2dr parts...
If anyone has any resto pics that could help me I would really appreciate it...If anyone has a diagram or drawings of the correct position of the latch area parts, and the right angle handle support bracket that becomes invisible inside the door it would help a ton...

Also on the exterior door handle chrome estcheons that mount first to the door with 2 philips screws into a plate ( the door handle then goes thru both) there is a third small hole thats covered when the door handle is in normal closed position...
Empty on our parts car, can anyone tell me what goes there....Just a smaller screw?
thanks kindly
Curtis Scarrow
Curtis Scarrow Saskatoon,Sk

Caddy Wizard

Yes, a smaller phillips screw goes in there.

These might not help, but here are a few pics...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

The 1949 Body by Fisher 1949 Special Sport Coupe  edition helps some.  Available on eBay original and copies.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo