News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Decoding question 1972 Eldorado Convertible

Started by Bill Young, August 23, 2017, 10:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Young

I own a 1972 Fleetwood Eldorado Convertible Vin # 6L67S2Q405116. Body Plate says , 72-69367 FWD 001605 , 09D , Paint 73A , Trim 454 , Top A , ACC. AM6 EXVSL KRB CJ. What I don't understand is X , my car does not have track master. What is S?. Finally when disassembling the seats to replace the Leather jammed into the passenger seat frame was this build sheet. It starts out Broadcast Seq. 185 Then Mo. 01 and Day 01. My body plate states 09D which would be build date 4th. week September 1971, I don't get it. Finally on the right below PP it has 3?

D.Smith

I've given up on trying to decode 1970s option codes on the body tags.   They never match up.  There were too many code changes in that decade.  Plus sales codes didn't always match option codes,  etc.

It is far easier to decode 60s tags.   But even then not all options are stamped on the tags.   A build sheet found under the seat is your best bet to see how your car was made.  And it is hit or miss if you'll find one.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

S - Eldorado (500 cu in) engine.

R - RWD (472) engine.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bill Young

Thank You for that Eric. I appreciate your help.

Tom Hall 7485

If you buy the Class 25 Authenticity Manual, you will learn what "X" is on the body ID plate, along with many other early 1970s Cadillac body plate codes.

Tom Hall, CLC Member 7485, Lifetime member since the mid-1990s.