News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 Fuel line and fuel pump info

Started by Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373, August 26, 2017, 07:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

With all the work that I have done, I was hoping to just get her running and change the fuel line later. Well, I noticed a kink in the line where it runs under the outrigger part of the frame....... I don't know what it is called but the piece that is perpendicular to the main frame. Something may have hit it, or a badly placed jack did it in. Either way, that line seems awfully  vulnerable hanging down like that.
I don't know how to splice it so it appears I am in for running a new fuel line. Is there any better way to run the line so that it is protected?
Also, I am going to mount an electric fuel pump and regulator. Where is the best place to mount the pump?
Someone was kind enough to send me a pix of where he was going to mount it (on the frame where the fuel line crosses over the top) but I haven't seen the finished picture. Where should I mount it? The inboard spot is awfully close to the exhaust so it will get quite hot. How about the intermediate crossmember in front of the tank? What if I mount it outboard of the frame to keep it away from the heat? I could build a little box around it to protect it. The fuel tank is out now so I have room to work.
How about the regulator? Does it need to be close to the pump? Maybe I could mount it where that kink is.
How much flexable line is acceptable? How would I flare the metal line to mate with a rubber line? What type of flare is that called with the ball on the end?
Thanks in advance for the help and sorry for the multiple questions.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille