News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Some work on the Fleetwood etc.

Started by William65 CLC#30475, August 27, 2017, 08:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William65 CLC#30475

Hello members it's been a while since iv'e posted here, but finally things are beginning to simmer down. life this summer (mostly good) has kept me from what i love to do, witch is work on my Cadillac's, and communicate with you the members, and just have fun with my Fleetwood's. and this weekend all i did was reunite myself with the 93 Brougham, great weather, my lady was at work so..Need i say more

Don't worry the 94 Brougham in the garage is doing very well,

On the 93 FWB i did both Axle seal's and a complete brake job (rear) on both side's as well, put a new Power steering return line in, ran new brake line's, sealed a leak on the left side of the transmission ( appears to be like a modulator cover) used JB Waterweld this stuff worked very well!!

New Trans filter & Fluid, oil & filter, New cap & rotor,....(New to be installed>>) Battery, front Brake calipers & pads, Air shock's, muffler, reinstall coil springs, Gear lube (rear diff) full grease job, repack front wheel bearings, and a good wash and wax..And then we enjoy!!

This FWB has moderate rust on it's under carriage, i am not happy about this, but this is how i bought it so i'm just doing the basic stuff to keep it afloat for it's remaining life otherwise, this car runs wonderful and looks great in out . I just wish i had got it sooner to combat the rust earlier in it's life cycle!!! I did spray the whole under carriage with Fluid Film to stop the Rust progression

In closing...when you see potential in something you NEVER give up on it, long live the FWB's     
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1994 Fleetwood brougham
and many others in the past..
Chris..

savemy67

Hello Chris,

When I saw your other post from today, I did a double take - even in Vermont, I am pretty certain it doesn't snow in August!  The FWBs are large cars.  Do you have a garage where you can work on them as well as keep them out of the weather?  Were the rear axle seals leaking on both sides of the car?  How many miles are on the car on which you changed the axle seals?

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

William65 CLC#30475

Well Chris Winter the 93 FWB only has about 125k on it and it was well taken care of when it was owned by someone in Mass, (1st owner) but it looks to me either the car did see some sitting in a grassy area or some hard winters, the right rear wheel seal was bad so i changed both of them out, it only makes sense you know Chris.

Yes i do have a 26x26 garage heated, the 94 FWB is in one bay, but soon i'm going to move some things from the left side and fit the 93 FWB in so.

We never have enough space you know, and yes that was an older picture but like i said i'll be updating them anytime now probably this labor day weekend.

i had to put something up there for our members to see.

Chris..
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1994 Fleetwood brougham
and many others in the past..
Chris..

savemy67

Hello Chris,

Not much change in 26 years.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop