News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Fleetwood Design Drawing?

Started by Don Rundgren, August 28, 2017, 05:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Rundgren

I came across this small drawing of a 1930 or 31 V-16 Fleetwood Transformable Cabriolet, Style No. 4225 for a 148" wheelbase chassis. It is labeled Fleetwood Body Corporation, Fleetwood New York  Detroit. The drawing is 11" wide by 6" high, it does not appear to be an original but rather a print of the drawing done on thin yellow translucent draftsman's tissue paper. I'd like to know if this a genuine Fleetwood drawing, what a print like this was used for, whether this particular car was ever built, and any other expert insights. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Don Rundgren
Don
McKinney, Texas

jdemerson

Don,

There is a 1931 Fleetwood V16 prestige sales brochure. It is a very nice one and done in black and white. In the back there is an envelope that contains 31 drawings of various models, and they are similar to what you are asking about. So I'd guess that you have one of those drawings.  I wonder if the Cadillac Database tells whether your model was actually produced?  Some models were not produced.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn