News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 & 1960 Cadillac Cruise Controller Assemblies.......was there a difference?

Started by Gary W Thorne, September 06, 2017, 12:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary W Thorne

Recently, I noticed a difference in face plates which are behind the plastic lens with the white lettering of the controller bezels that I happen to have.
   If you look closely at my pics, you'll see that both plates have 5 round rings however the rings in one of them are chromed while the 5 rings in the other one are black. As well the latter one is black on the reverse side while the chromed ringed one is chrome on the reverse side.
   I then decided to compare the '59 delete bezel to a '60 delete bezel....see the attached pics.....you can see the '59 bezel has 5 chrome rings while the '60 bezel is black  but with a multitude of rings.
   Now, I have 5 of these assembles, 2 of them are black ringed while the other 3 have the chromed rings. I have examined the black ringed ones very closely & they show no evidence of having been painted. The flat black colour used exactly matches those with the chrome rings.
  Could one assume the chromed ring bezels were of the 1959 vintage & the flat black ringed bezels were used for 1960 cars?? 

Could this become a big issue for the purist doing a resto & wanting to be factory correct!

59-in-pieces

Gary,
Your assumptions are correct.
The 59's have chrome rings and the 60's do not have the chrome rings - for the control face and the delete face.
The clock faces are built the same way - 59's with and 60's none.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher