News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Interesting Cadillac Sales Trend

Started by T J Lankes, September 08, 2017, 12:15:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich S

Thanks for posting. Two days ago I received a marketing e-mail from Cadillac entitled "This Month At Cadillac House." It related to the line-up of attractions coming to the coffee house-cafe-bar that Cadillac opened in New York City--starting with clothes designer Jason Wu. The entire line-up of events really turned me "off" from my favorite brand of automobile! There was nothing that appealed to me in the least. Cadillac needs to get back to focusing on being a maker of beautiful luxury vehicles and quit squandering resources on things that only appeal to a small segments of consumers (like those in the e-mail I received). The most recent contemporary Cadillac offerings, along with the direction of the Cadillac ads (including social commentary), have been a disappointment to me, although I do love my '13 CTS Coupe. In my opinion, if the products were styled well, and feature packed (representing a value), they would sell better.
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Big Apple Caddy

Cadillac is on track for record breaking global sales for the brand this year but until they start adding more crossovers/SUVs, a new one is due in 2018 and another one after that, sales in North America will remain tepid.

Rich S

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

59-in-pieces

Rich,
I couldn't agree with you more , and the points you made.

Cadillac is no longer the standard of the world - neither capital letters nor quotation marks, deliberately not used.

The true test of turning the brand around is not adding or deducting gimmicks, and certainly not increased sales in new markets, but rather increasing sales here at home.

Extraordinary, eye catching, design against a competitive price point is the simple answer.

IMHO,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

jdemerson

Quote from: Rich S on September 10, 2017, 07:16:59 PM
More on the current state of Cadillac:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/07/automobiles/wheels/cadillac-de-nysschen.html?ref=todayspaper

Interesting analysis in this article, but there are some inaccuracies.
The CT6 sport sedan replaced the CTS. This is not true, and few would consider the large CT6 as a "sport sedan".

Supercruise will be followed next year by Cadillac’s introduction of a new small sport-utility vehicle, called the XT4. That model is the first to break from the angular styling of other Cadillacs, setting the company on a new design path.  I don't know about this one. Various web sites say that the XT4 will be styled like the XT5 only smaller. Photos of a test mule seem to support that. Does anyone have a reference to "a new design path"?

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

James Landi

As we are all very painfully aware, Cadillac suffered a series of disastrous "brand flips."  While the New York-urban showroom as cultural gallery may be of limited effectiveness, I do agree with the initiative to produce EXCELLENCE--- not only as initially expressed and experienced by the new car Cadillac owner, but just as importantly, a model's legacy during its decade or so, as a used car survivor.  We love our 10 year old SRX---it's a pleasure to drive, and is so comfortable--- yet now, at 70, 000 miles, the car's catalytic converters (TWO) are being replaced-- oxygen sensors--- transmission floor shift needs repair... dealer costs upwards of 3,000 plus--   meanwhile our 2006 Buick with 115,000 miles has experienced zero major repairs.

Big Apple Caddy

Quote from: jdemerson on September 11, 2017, 08:52:55 AM
Interesting analysis in this article, but there are some inaccuracies.
The CT6 sport sedan replaced the CTS. This is not true, and few would consider the large CT6 as a "sport sedan".
True.  The CT6 didn't really replace any model.   If anything, it was more looked to be a replacement for their other full-size sedan, the XTS, but even that will remain in the lineup until 2019 or so.

Quote from: jdemerson on September 11, 2017, 08:52:55 AM
Supercruise will be followed next year by Cadillac’s introduction of a new small sport-utility vehicle, called the XT4. That model is the first to break from the angular styling of other Cadillacs, setting the company on a new design path.  I don't know about this one. Various web sites say that the XT4 will be styled like the XT5 only smaller. Photos of a test mule seem to support that. Does anyone have a reference to "a new design path"?
DeNysschen has stated that the Cadillac Escala concept car is a preview of the new design direction that will be coming from Cadillac.  How or if that will be applied to the upcoming XT4 remains to be seen.