News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

93 Fleetwood up & running

Started by William65 CLC#30475, September 05, 2017, 06:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William65 CLC#30475

Hello members, well i worked very hard to complete the work on the FWB this past labor day weekend, it was a challenge i will say with age and improper care of this FWB before it had come into my possession.

Then it was out for a few test drives, and as so you guessed it, this and that needed some miner adjustment, the biggest thing that will have to be done again is to re bleed the brakes and the brake pressure modulator. The differential switch was indicating a pressure problem at the valve assembly. Having said this keep in mind that ALL brake lines were replaced, along with lines that go from the valve assembly to the pressure modulator.

Also fixed was..the TEMP LIGHT issue (kept coming on) i posted a problem about this sometime back, i did replace the Temp switch below the left exhaust manifold it worked!! no more light.

So as it goes folks.. i am very happy to be driving this car once again indeed!! however i do understand that some might no feel such as i do about these (particular) FWB's, but i will continue to share my progress, thoughts, and yes problems as well, with those folks who feel and understand that EVERY make and model has that sentimental value to someone like you...

Chris..         
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1994 Fleetwood brougham
and many others in the past..
Chris..

Vince Taliano #13852

Looking good, Chris.  If you need any parts, try Cory's Classic Parts at http://coryscadillacpartsusa.weebly.com/.  They specialize in 1993-1996 Fleetwood Brougham parts.

Vince
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

James Landi

The big engine Fleetwoods and especially the early 90's cars are luxurious and extraordinarily comfortable.  As was the case with every model year, the Fleetwoods were top of the line and those last model years were especially glorious.  Love to read about them--- please include pictures.

Tpicks55

I love these cars.  I have a 94 Concours and you can't beat the ride and room you get with these cars.  The Northstar is a problem and once worked out its a great car.
75 Eldorado Convertible
94 Deville Concurs
2019 Lincoln Continental
2016 Cadillac XTS

William65 CLC#30475

I agree with all of you!! big engine cars are great and this one is no different by means of this matter..
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1994 Fleetwood brougham
Chris..

William65 CLC#30475

James.. you bet!! i just got done giving the FWB a good wax and Buff and puff, and polished the chrome as well i will be putting more pictures up very soon..
1993 Fleetwood Brougham
1994 Fleetwood brougham
Chris..

Gene Beaird

Quote from: Tpicks55 on September 06, 2017, 09:54:38 AM
I love these cars.  I have a 94 Concours and you can't beat the ride and room you get with these cars.  The Northstar is a problem and once worked out its a great car.

Just to quell any confusion, William has a Fleetwood, which came with the LT1, not a Northstar.  And yes, they're great cars.  We have a couple of the Chevy-versions of this body (the Cadillac is officially a D-body, extended wheelbase, but otherwise the same drivetrain). 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873