News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Radial tyres - how old are they?

Started by DanishEldoradoFan, September 17, 2017, 08:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanishEldoradoFan

Hi - i have some tyres on my 72' Eldorado- They sat on the car when i bought it in 2010 - but i have no idea of how old they are ...

They are: BFGoodrich Revalation Touring Whitewal. 235/75R15 108 M+S.

Does that tell me when they were manufactured?

:)
Niels, Denmark

TJ Hopland

How common is the USA DOT numbers on tires sold outside the USA?  Is there a European equivalent? 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Scot Minesinger

Supposedly we are to replace radial tires after 6 years.  I generally might go 8 on a classic car because they are driven more gently and on dry roads.  Since the tires are for sure 7 years old, replacement tires will be required soon.  On the front drive Eldorados of that era, well for sure 1966-85, the front tire quality is very important.  Have gotten rid of shimmy at highway speed on these beauties just by replacing tires.  Of course usually an alignment, high quality shocks and road force Hunter tire/rim balance accompanies tire replacement.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty