News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 CAD LIMO REAR SPEAKER NOT WORKING

Started by 1969cadillac, September 21, 2017, 07:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

Hello !

My 69 limo without division has the original AM radio with dual control front and rear

When I got the car a modern am / fm / cd stereo unit had been added in the glovebox and the rear speaker on the AM unit was missing

I wanted to get the original AM unit operational , so I ordered 2 new orig type speakers

The front speaker works ok , and the rear speaker works when hooked up to the front speaker wiring.

PROBLEM - the rear speaker will not work on the rear speaker wiring.

I disconnected the wire from the AM head unit and it has continuity all the way thru to the back

I also checked for voltage at the front speaker = yes , rear speaker = NO

So the problem is in the head unit ...-  did move the balance also , no effect

Q. is this a common fault , and could I possibly rear it myself ... ( I work in an Electronics Store )

thanks , Murray Mules

Kurt Weess

Murry,

You don't mention using the rear control unit.  Typically the rear control will turn the rear speaker on and off and control the volume.  With the rear control in the off position the radio volume will only be to the front speaker.  When the rear control is on and its volume adjusted you then control the front volume with the balance knob.  This is true even if the front switch is turn off.  This is the way my 65 limo functions so I can only assume your unit is similar.  Check your owner's manual for further details.

Kurt Weess

cadillacmike68

You have a Fleetwood Series 75 Sedan, not limousine. Limousines had the divider, sedans did not. The divider was the distinguishing feature on the Series 75s. It could not be ordered as an option on the Sedan, and it was standard equipment on the Limousine.

The rear radio control was optional on the Fleetwood 75s, and you could Not get the AM-FM Stereo on the 75s (no room for two speakers in the design).
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike