News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Brake Booster Rebuilds - 'Huge Vendor List' Addition

Started by cappy102, October 10, 2017, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cappy102

Thanks to Otto Skorzeny's great list I've been able to find just about everything I need.

When I contacted "Booster Dewey" in Portland Oregon re: my 57 CDV booster, they referred me to this fellow that rebuilds these units:

Ed Strain
655 44th Street, Unit 2006
Pinellas Park FL
1-888-266-1623

He did a great job with good turnaround (3 wks) and the fees are reasonable. He does have a website, I believe. Very easy to deal with!
1957 Cadillac Coupe De Ville
1981 Moto Guzzi V50 Monza

Dave Shepherd

I've called both numbers from Ed Strains website and they were disconnected.  Ok, I see his business was taken over by White Post restoration in. Virginia.

gary griffin

I talked to Ed Strain a few weeks ago as I was having brake problems with my 1957 Fleetwood and he had rebuilt it a year earlier. He was turning everything over to the new owner at that  time

Since the 57 was a one year master cylinder it is important to us that we support the current re-builder.

Thankfully Cadillac saw the problems and did better in 1958!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

cappy102

Thanks for the update. I got my booster back from him this last summer, and did not hear about the change of ownership.
1957 Cadillac Coupe De Ville
1981 Moto Guzzi V50 Monza