News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1981 Biarritz 6 liter parasite circuit

Started by kingeldo, October 30, 2017, 05:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingeldo

Am currently getting getting a 1 amp continuous draw with the ignition off. I have isolated it when I remove the fuse for the fuel pump. The parasitic circuit includes power to some sensors (coolant temp, manifold air temp, rt side solenoid leads etc). The engine starts ok and runs smooth after 30 seconds. I replaced the relay for the fuel pump but no success. Could it be related to the ICU. I'm currently changing the Distributor cap, rotor and ICU. Diagnostic code 30 keeps appearing . I changed the idle control motor. Can all or some of this be related? Tx for the help!   

Dave Shepherd

Does the idle surge up and down, if so the tps could be out of adjustment. If you unplug the icu is the draw gone?  Trunk lite go off, glove box lite go off?