News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

seat belt bolt cover / stiffener for 76 eldorado convertible

Started by 76 cadillac bob, October 31, 2017, 07:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76 cadillac bob

I had new upholstery done on front bench seat and the corregated plastic bolt covers essentially disintegrated. They were the original ones that cover the bolts, behind the seat on the floor and then through the back between the seats to the front. It acts like a stiffener. I dont need seat belts just the hold down bolt cover and a stiffener so I dont keep losing the seat belts under the back. plus the floor bolts are rather ugly. Thanks

J. Skelly

I have the same problem on my '77.  There isn't enough demand for these cars yet, much less for interior parts, to justify the expense of tooling reproduction pieces.  I wrote to Dave Leonard, owner of Original Parts Group (OPG), several years ago suggesting parts for the first two generations of FWD Eldorados, but did not receive a reply.  Some of the items I mentioned:

'67-'70 bench seat center armrest plastic hinge pieces, front seat track plastic covers, front parking light lenses, exterior mirrors
'71-'78 bumper filler pieces, skirting plastic pieces for the bottom of the front seat(s), lap belt guides (what you are looking for), and shoulder harness guides that attach to the headrests, stainless steel trim for rear quarter and bumper fillers and license plate housing

If enough people write to OPG, perhaps they will listen and do something about it.   
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

76 cadillac bob

Good idea.  I am working with a seatbelt mfg company to see if they have anything to cover the hold down bolts on the floor which are ugly. Fillers are available, you have to shop around. I found a waste basket for the side panel under the dash, had it painted and carpeted, what a find!! Took me almost a year on EBAY.
Thats how I do it, just keep searching.