News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1939 Series 61 Carpet Set

Started by curtmacd, November 14, 2017, 05:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curtmacd

Hey folks. I'm having a tough time locating a supplier for a good quality carpet set for my Series 61 Touring. I have read that a lot of people have bought carpet from Kanter and were disappointed by the gap left between the front and back set? So I called Kanter and was told that they no longer have the pattern available from their supplier. As a matter of fact, they called me today after I had placed the order and said they would be sending a refund.
So, back to square one. I'm looking for a loop pile in burgundy. Any ideas or direction, other than having it custom made and installed? I really wanted to install it myself? Thanks! Curtis

gary griffin

We are in the same search, but different models.   SMS says they have kits and I will be calling them today. My search is 1941  or 1942   67 series by the way.  Their price is $795 for wool kit and $475 for synthetic  material. They sent material samples.  I see they are going into the business a little further than they were before.

First I would find out if other years of 61 series are the same as yours?  You could probably find that out on this forum!!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Barry M Wheeler #2189

The '39/40 Series 50 LaSalle will be the same as the Series 61. You might call Terry Wenger in MO. He did a 1939 Series 61 convertible coupe some forty or fifty years ago. Or Fred Zwicker in OH did a '39 LaSalle conv which would be the same.

And Gary, you are doing a Series 67, not "76." In case you need to know, the front will be the same as a Series 61 or 63 from 1941 or 1942. The Series 67 rear carpet is a moss tread material, plain weave. I have mentioned this before, but I had a Series 6733 Imperial that I found a corner up under the jump seats that was unfaded Ice Blue. Good luck to you guys.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

gary griffin

Thanks Barry. Misprint on series, got a big patch on eye and had surgery yesterday for retina detachment and the eye shield makes my glasses sit almost sideways on my nose  and I am not the at my best (Which is pretty mediocre ) with this new keyboard

Good to know that the front is the same as other series. That should help with the carpet vendor.

Should the front carpet be the same as the rear? I have a nice group of pictures of interior from Tod Moore who has an original unrestored 67 series and I will look closer at term also.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I'd have him take clear pictures of both the front and the back to be sure. It's been fifty years since I had that car...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

curtmacd

Thank you gentlemen, for the information. This gives me a slightly broader scope as to what to look for. I will give it one more shot towards locating someone with the pattern or kit, then move on to having it custom made. I can lay it, mark it then have it bound and the heel pad installed. I know it won't be exact, but I can still make a quality fit. I suppose this is the price we pay for living too long! LOL. But I'm just fine with that!