News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 or 1942 Series 67 Carpet and headliner supplier or patterns

Started by gary griffin, November 14, 2017, 06:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

The big guys do not have them but does anybody have the patterns and even make up these pieces?  I know there have been a few of these cars restored! It would seem that when doing a model a upholsterer would save the patterns??
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Steve Passmore

I have been doing upholstery for nearly 40 years just as a hobby Gary, and I would need a small building if I were to keep a pattern of every car I have trimmed.'  A professional shop would need a massive space and would have to know they were going to do more of the same to warrant the room. 99% of my jobs have been 'one off'         The only pattern I keep is for a model that I have probably done a dozen times for a club.  With most upholstery shops they are not in the business of selling kits, they want to fit them themselves, 
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

gary griffin

Thanks for response Steve.  I notice carpet aqnd headliner kits are available for more popular models. I can buy carpet kits for my 1957  60 Special easily.  I found headliner kits for other Cadillac models but not the 67 series.

I am a retired mechanical contractor and specialized in government work, mostly retrofit and modernizations. I retired five years ago and will soon take a couple of truckloads of blueprints  to recycler.

Those blueprints often gave me an edge in later projects in the same facility that I had worked on years earlier.  Also I learned the idiosyncrasies of  most of the mechanical engineers in my area which gave me a small advantage during bidding on some occasions.
Gary Griffin

Janousek

Gary,  haven't gotten around to calling you yet.  Our car has good capet patterns but it has a divider window and jumpseats.  I don't think yours did.  If it does, I can have a local guy use them and make a set for you.  The rear is just a flat pattern and very basic but the front has the rubber moulded into it. 

Same with the headliner, broatcloth in the rear and leatherette in the front.  I have good patterns of those also.  Won't ship you patterns as I need them for my car but I can have them duplicated and sent.   

gary griffin

Brad, 

Thanks for the information. Jump seats end in the back of the front seat. Not sure how it would affect the front seat though? I assume we are talking about 67 series? If you could send me contact information for the upholstery guy maybe I could pay him for a pattern made from his??  Carpet materials also on the door kick panels and foot rests and needs to be from same dye lot.

garygriffin@Q.com

206 276 0398
Gary Griffin