News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

'91 Seville: It started

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, November 16, 2017, 01:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I thought that I'd start another thread as it was getting a little long. I went out, inspected the fuse in the car and found it good, put in the other one and after a little cranking, it started right up. No noises and quite smooth. I can't drive it yet as I haven't received the title as yet. I did send him an e-mail wondering about it. I need to call the repair shop and tell them that they don't have to tow the car in. I will keep the appointment and have him change the oil and look everything over in any case. Hopefully, he won't find anything major. Thanks again for all the thoughts and suggestions.

I may write and ask the seller why he took the fuse out. It makes a pretty good thing to take out to keep the car from being stolen, that's for sure. I'll keep the packet of fuses in the car "just in case."
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

smokuspollutus

As I mentioned in the other thread, you likely will be in the market for new injectors sooner rather than later. Keep an eye on Rockauto and Ebay for a closeout, or add them to your Christmas list. Good to hear you didn't have to drop the tank!

gkhashem

Barry

Ask you mechanic to remove a few spark plugs and look them over. Or in fact just change them it does not cost that much. If they look OK and not fouled you may not need the fuel injectors.
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

TJ Hopland

I will be curious to hear if the previous owner has any information to add to this puzzle.    The fuse being missing seems like someone would have had to know why it was removed.   

Did it blow and it was removed to go get a replacement but life got in the way and it never happened?   

I would be digging for anything I could find to prove or disprove that you have the 'bad' injectors.   Maybe even replace them to be sure?  $400-800 isn't terrible and getting new o rings and gaskets is never a bad idea at this age. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason