News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Trunk light type and correct location for 1952 fleetwood

Started by papas52cad, November 28, 2017, 05:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papas52cad

Hello
can anyone offer any info on the placement of the trunk light/Mercury switch for my 52 Fleetwood, it would be helpful, and if there are any current sources to buy one, mine is missing. For any 52 Fleetwood owners, If you can share a photo of an installed switch, that would be very helpful.
I assume this trunk lite was standard equipment.
Thanks for your help
Peter
1952 Fleetwood

jdemerson

Peter,

I believe it is the same on all 1952 Cadillacs (as well as all 1950-1953). It is located to the rear of the trunk lid, above the license plate and centered left to right. It is in a white zinc-plated housing, according to the Authenticity Manual, and mine appears to match that.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Series 62 Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

papas52cad

Thank you john
That confirms what I found being there are 2 holes at that same location.
Now if I can only find one of these switches.
Appreciate your help. This forum is a great group.
Peter
1952 Fleetwood

papas52cad

I found the mercury switch part for my truck.
Thanks For contributing.
Peter
1952 Fleetwood

papas52cad

Hello john
Since you have a 52 caddy and were so helpful on the light, next time you have a moment could you help me about the bumper jack and how it is secured in the trunk. Mine did not come with one, but I have an old one I can use just need more details of even a photo to understand how it is situated.
Thanks in advance, and my new trunk lite is on its way.
Stay well
Peter
1952 Fleetwood