News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Video cameras

Started by savemy67, December 07, 2017, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savemy67

Hello,

Santa Claus may bring me a digital camcorder for Christmas.  I have an older digital SLR still camera, but I have never owned a camcorder.

I have seen videos that some of you have posted on youtube, and I am wondering if anyone uses a digital camcorder as opposed to a smartphone.  If so, which model?  I need to let Santa Claus know which camcorder might be suitable for my intended use - such as recording the rebuild of a Cadillac's TH400 transmission.

Christopher Winter
Christopher Winter
1967 Sedan DeVille hardtop

chrisntam

My little pocket camera does videos, we've bought two camcorders over the past 15 yrs and never really looked at the videos. 

Get a regular camera that takes pics and videos, one device does both now.

Younger folk will say "use your phone", I don't have a smart phone.

I have an old "candy bar" style phone.
I have a camera.
I have a GPS.
I have a computer.

I'm old (57).
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

WTL

We bought a Sony walmart Camcorder for less than $200 to film events, if it works for that, it would work for your purpose.

I take video of my disassembly projects with my phone, although I don't like getting the phone covered in grease, and navigating the touchscreen is a little less than optimal.  For a transmission, I could understand wanting a rolling video.

tripwire

Chris,
There are a lot of camcorders out there.  One of my favorites is the GoPro brand. They are small and offer a lot of camera.  Yes, they can be expensive but there are a lot of features and options available like different mount kits etc.
I would recommend something with a tripod mount, not all cameras have them now.

WParo in VT
Driving now:
2023 XT4 Luxury
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance
1969 Cadillac Hearse, Superior Body
1966 Buick Wildcat Hearse
1957 Ford Thunderbird x 3, 1 E code, 2 D code
1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Sedan
1949 Mercury Convertible
1949 Mercury Coupe, Mild Custom