News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 carby

Started by jmodel25, December 14, 2017, 10:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmodel25

I have a Rochester carby on my 57 Fleetwood and would like to get it overhauled.Is there someone in the Sydney/Wollongong area that can do this.thank you.

Dan LeBlanc

For 1957, the Rochester carburetors were troublesome from the factory.  There is a serviceman bulletin that lists a bunch of corrective measures, and if all those fail, to replace it with a Carter carburetor.

If you're going for a rebuild, best you can do is source a complete Carter core and have that rebuilt.  It's one of the best things you could do for your 57.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

wearymicrobe

If you are not looking for 100% OEM accuracy I have had very good luck with the 1406 Edelbrock Carb on a adapter that puts it about the same height as the factory unit. You will need to make a TV rod mount though on the carb.

I do have a factory Carter that was rebuilt years ago if you want to convert but I have found that the modern replacement carbs are just all around a better proposition then the rebuilds with today's crappy gas eating away at all the seals.