News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Color code for black paint on the 1967 instrument bezel and plastic bezel

Started by 67 Cadillac, December 17, 2017, 11:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 Cadillac

Hi,
I am cleaning up the instrument panel of my 67 Eldorado. I'm hoping someone can tell me the black that goes on the metal bezel as well as the inner plastic bezel which looks different than the metal bezel??? I was thinking that I might strip the black off the metal bezel to make it completely chrome except for the lower strip where the ignition and radio etc are located. For this I'm looking for opinions, I know it's not correct but it might look pretty cool. Also wondering why the 67 instruments rust more than others?? If anyone can share a little knowledge here it would be really appreciated.
Thank you
Jeff

cadillactim

I repainted the metal part of my 67 Deville bezel  with satin black.

Tim
Tim Groves

cadillacmike68

Satin or flat black would be the best. I need to re-do mine, plus all the silver / chrome colored trim edging.

As to rust, not sure, but I've seen some ratty 67 panels as well.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

67 Cadillac

Thanks Guys. I went with flat black which is a good match but very delicate. Now i have to figure out some kind of protective coating. Maybe some kind of silicone product.
Cheers
Jeff