News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1952 Power windows stall

Started by FPM, December 18, 2017, 10:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPM

Hi,

Have a problem with my Series 62 1951 power windows ( Hydroelectric).

They stall at 3/4 of the course: pump stops working, power at pump relay (small wire ) drops at 3 volts.

Then after 20 to 30 seconds it would work again.

Any thoughts?

bullet bob

I wonder if your solenoid is getting tired? I know when I had my motor rebuilt, I just replaced the solenoid at the same time. Has worked great ever since.
Honda Goldwing 1800  "I don't need no stinkin' map, I've still got gas"

V63

I would start with verification of all connections being clean and secure.

Quentin Hall

Definitely sounds like your solenoid. It’s tripping out and takes 20 secs to cool.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

FPM

Well, thanks to your advices, I bypassed the solenoid to test. Didn't work better.

I finally found that the problem comes from the circuit breaker that jumps each time. Can't figure out why.

Caddy Wizard

Here is a stupid thought:  try lubricating the window and window tracks with spray silicone.  If the windows glide easier, you might overcome the HE problems...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

FPM

Hi everyone and thanks for your help!

It helped me to find the problem: circuit breaker was faulty,  contact inside was poor, thus it opened way too earlier than it should. Tested with a fuse of 25 amp ( like it is suposed to be) works fine!