News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Special fabric on 1941 60S on eBay

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, December 30, 2017, 10:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

It may be of interest to 1941 owners that the 1941 60S posted on eBay has one of the special group of fabrics listed in the Master Parts Book. It is #766 Grey Chain Link. Paul, it's too bad you couldn't have found something like this for your car when you were looking. Nice car.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bob Schuman

Barry,

Has the Ebay post of the 41-60S with chain link fabric disappeared, as of 8:15 AM 12/31/17?
I have never seen that fabric and would like to look at its picture, but don't find any 41-60S car for sale on Ebay this morning.

Bob Schuman
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

Jeff Hansen

Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Bob Schuman

Jeff,
Thanks for the links. The chain pattern seat cloth looks very subdued and appropriate for such a car. Never before having seen the chain pattern cloth I had pictured it as some sort of inappropriate garish stuff.
Bob Schuman
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

jdemerson

This model is one of the all-time greats among classic Cadillac Sedans. What a beautiful car with that elegant styling of the earliest 60 Specials. The seat fabric is especially attractive. From the description this car would appear to be in well-maintained and excellent driving condition. Has anyone actually looked over this car?

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
Vermont, where it was 16.4 below at 7:30 a.m.
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Barry M Wheeler #2189

In looking over the car's pictures, I would say that it is very fairly priced and of course, has been lovingly maintained over the years. Were I to purchase it, I'd find a set of clear plastic seat covers to lessen the stress on the weakened areas of the original material. Finding a set of samples of the "Special Laidlaw" cloths listed in the MPB would be a find of the first magnitude. I still wish I'd worked a little harder to see what was under the seat covers on that hulk I found in Gary. It wasn't raining all that hard.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville