News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'55 CDV Dome light switch

Started by 5390john, December 30, 2017, 10:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5390john

Hey out there.....
In the driver's side rear armrest ashtray assembly (see photo) there is a switch to turn on the map and dome lights.
Anyone ever have to replace one of these? Looking for a new one. OK to adapt the electrical connection, but need correct 1.5" mounting centers and .5" tall actuator (the black slider), see other photos.
Would appreciate any leads on where to find a replacement.
John Adams
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"

walt chomosh #23510

John,
  I also own a 1955CDV and have had just about every switch in the car apart at one time or another. (been driving it for around 19yrs) The switch you have pictured comes apart easily, just bend the tabs out slightly.(no more then necessary) This is a simple open/close switch the when closed will ground the circuit and thus put the light on. If I remember correctly, my ground connection was bad, not my switch. The ground is located near the switch with approx 1-2 foot of wire between the switch and the ground screw.....hope this helps....walt...tulsa,ok