News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

2001 Eldorado ESC "SERVICE CHARGING SYS"

Started by Matt CLC#18621, January 01, 2018, 03:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt CLC#18621

Hello,

My ESC is making a very loud noise near all the pulleys next to the battery. The battery has died and was recharged and the car ran and the noise subsided for about 15 minutes before the battery light and message came back on. The car was driven and restarted and then went completely dead.

I'm receiving an error message stating "SERVICE CHARGING SYS" and the owners manual indicates that an electrical problem has occurred within the Power Control Module (PCM). When I check the diagnostic codes, PCM Code P1545 CADILLAC - A/C Clutch Relay Control Circuit and  ACM Code B1347 also related to A/C appears. The A/C stopped working on the hottest day in July and I did not have it serviced as of late.

Does this appear to be an alternator issue, bad battery or the A/C codes need to be addressed with the climate control?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

happy New Year!

Matt CLC# 18621

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Sounds to me these are two separate issues. Absence/presence of noise at the drive pulley depending on state of battery charge strongly suggest faulty alternator. Isn't there a battery voltage function in the information readout?
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dave Shepherd

Matt, get the alternator output tested,  your ac codes  are usually not related to the charging system. Of course have the battery tested too.

TJ Hopland

I would stay on the charging system too.  Other codes could just be glitches due to low voltage. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason