News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Stepped into Cadillac nirvana

Started by RobertM, January 04, 2018, 01:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Went to a shop yesterday today to talk about getting work done on my '54 60 Special. It was a cold call, I basically just grabbed a business card from a parts store counter and called.

From the outside,  it looked like a repurposed strip motel or storage units.  I was not prepared for what I found inside.  I stepped into literally one of the coolest Cadillac spaces I had ever seen.

They had a running and driving 1912. A beautiful example of such a historic year for Cadillac. They told me it has driven probably 50,000 miles of touring miles in the past 15-20 years.  They also told me the motor had been disassembled, the block sent out to have bearings repoured, and reassembled at least 4 times over that timeframe. An amazingly well-kept piece of history. 

They also had a 1973 Eldorado with fresh paint that they use as a daily driver. Awesome car.

And to top it off, they had a 1960 series 62 convertible custom. Beautiful car, triple black.  Custom leather bucket seat interior. Under the hood was a 502ci/625hp motor. They told me the motor, radiator, and transmission were acquired via trades with the Childress racing team.

I got so into talking about his cars, we didn't discuss mine much. That's okay, I'll just have to go back!

In the long run, probably not the shop for my car. They send out metal work and paint, focusing mainly on the mechanical side. But what an awesome day I had viewing these treasures.
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

pmhowe

How neat!  Where in Connecticut is the shop?

RobertM

It's in Sanford, North Carolina. I brought the '54 here to leave with my parents while I look for a shop down here. I want to do paint, chrome and interior.  Prices in Connecticut are ridiculous.

Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: RobertM on January 04, 2018, 01:44:36 PM
And to top it off, they had a 1960 series 62 convertible custom. From the outside, it was a mild custom with shaved door handles and some trim removed.

Interesting- however the door handles and stock 1960 trim all seem to be present on the car shown...
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

RobertM

That's pretty funny actually. Fake news! I seem to remember differently and was not intending to mislead at all. Should have fact checked myself. I am going to edit the post.
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Bobby B

Quote from: RobertM on January 04, 2018, 04:37:25 PM
That's pretty funny actually. Fake news! I seem to remember differently and was not intending to mislead at all. Should have fact checked myself. I am going to edit the post.

??? ??? ??? ???....You weren't actually there and you posted this?  What did I miss here?
                                                                                                          Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

RobertM

No, my original post said the 60 had shaved door handles which it obviously doesn't.  I took that out
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

BJM

I've been in that place where I relay information that isn't correct.  Your eyes can only cover so many details and it can get overwhelming. 

Still a nice car collection.