News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

I have the 1974 Cadillac Eldorado from the movie True Romance but ...

Started by Crow331, January 19, 2018, 07:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow331

The car has dropped out of the DMV system because it hasn't been registered in a decade. I have 100% proof that I have the right car (Patricia Arquette's sibling is sitting in it and all the leopard print interior matches up to my car!) .... butttttttttttttttttttttttt.... I'd love to have a better paper trail. Is there anything I can do to find out who the previous owners are i.e. Patricia Arquette?  The DMV ran the VIN and it came up with nothing. My police friend ran the VIN and came up with nothing. The car doesn't exist. He says he can file paperwork to run a deeper search of the VIN but since that is usually reserved for crime investigations, he is not inclined to do it.

Any ideas on how I can track this?? 

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Realistically.. you probably can't. Your police friend could lose his job & MORE if he did it. Would YOU take that chance??
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

JoeFaz

Locate a Private Investigator who specializes in these things. Some have legal access to DMV files (through a thorough background check and bonding) and may be able to trace it for you. But it won't be cheap.

INTMD8

Great movie.   

Do you think that Patricia Arquette -did- own it and it wasn't owned by the set?

Not sure you would get a response but maybe try contacting the production company for info?

Bobby B

Quote from: INTMD8 on January 21, 2018, 06:37:49 PM
Great movie.   
Do you think that Patricia Arquette -did- own it and it wasn't owned by the set?
Not sure you would get a response but maybe try contacting the production company for info?

In today's world, You'd probably get a direct answer on Facebook just by putting it out there. Someone has to know. I'm sure she would respond if she actually owned the car. Just out of curiosity, is this related to resale of the car?
                                                     Bobby
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Crow331

Great movie.   

The car was originally owned by production (they have been no help and have no interest in helping me) but when the movie wrapped director Tony Scott gifted the car to Patricia. She drove it only for a short time before she gave it to her friend Rob (according to an interview I found she said it was bringing her too much attention). I have a photo of her brother Robert Arquette (aka Alexis) in the car so I'm wondering if the ROB "friend" is actually her brother Robert, who has since passed away. From there I don't think it went to more than 1 or 2 owners. The guy I bought it from got it in 1998, just 5 years after the movie premiered.

Crow331

Quote from: Bobby B on January 21, 2018, 06:54:05 PM
In today's world, You'd probably get a direct answer on Facebook just by putting it out there. Someone has to know. I'm sure she would respond if she actually owned the car. Just out of curiosity, is this related to resale of the car?
                                                     Bobby

I have talked to Patricia a little bit about the car on Twitter. She even asked me to send her the photo of her deceased brother in the car.

The car is not for sale .... even though Danny Koker's people contacted me to sell it! ROFL. I guess he's a big fan of the movie too!

Crow331

Great movie.   

Thanks Joe, I read that online. I'll give it some more time and see if I can unearth anything. It would be cool to get a DMV record with Patricia Arquette's name on it so I would consider a P.I. if I could figure out for sure it would produce a result.

Chas

These "celebrity" cars always crack me up!.....Remember the Seinfeld episode where George Costanza thought he got a deal on a used car owned by "Jon Voight". His name was found on all the old paperwork. Turns out it was "Jon Voight"............the dentist.
1967 Coupe DeVille
1970 Coupe DeVille
1976 Coupe DeVille
1983 Coupe DeVille
1977 Harley Cafe Racer
1991 Harley Fat Boy
1957 Harley Hardtail
1949 Lusse Bumper Car
If you're 25 years old and not a liberal, you have no heart. If you're 45 years old and not a conservative, you have no money!

Crow331

Quote from: Chas on January 22, 2018, 02:17:23 PM
These "celebrity" cars always crack me up!.....Remember the Seinfeld episode where George Costanza thought he got a deal on a used car owned by "Jon Voight". His name was found on all the old paperwork. Turns out it was "Jon Voight"............the dentist.

Well it's more of a MOVIE CAR than a celebrity car but the fact that Patricia got it after the movie wrapped makes it that much COOLER in my opinion so getting that info on paper would be a nice bonus to owning the car from True Romance :)