News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

47 Caddy fog lights

Started by usroman, January 24, 2018, 04:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

usroman

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get fog lights like in the picture below. I've tried searching the net, cant find anything. Unless they are custom made?

Roman Usta

harry s

Those are actually parking/turn signal lights. The fog or driving lights have a clear rectangular lens. Do you need the entire assembly for both sides. I'm pretty sure I have a pair. You can email me direct at hscott1937@aol.com
Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

TonyZappone #2624

I removed the foglites and installed a NOS take off parking lites I found at Hershey.   They plug right into the harness, and look really nice.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Jay Friedman

I did the same on my '49, after finding an NOS pair at Hershey one year.  Most cars of that era seem to have fog lights, so IMHO the parking lights give the car a distinctive appearance.  Also, in my experience the main bulb in the 47-52 fog lamps is sometimes difficult to find, while the parking light bulb is not.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."