News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

61 eldo carpet: Trieste (loop) or Tahitian (Cut pile)?

Started by Detroit61biarritz, January 28, 2018, 10:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Detroit61biarritz

I'm needing to replace my carpet and want to verify what was original for a '61 Eldorado. My current carpet is cut pile, but I always thought that was wrong.

SMS upholstery in Oregon says my 61 Eldorado Biarritz uses a loop carpet and sent a nice sample, but I found a document (attached) that lists "Trieste" for most Cadillac models EXCEPT for E (eldorado), M, R, and S models, which use "Tahitian". This document doesn't explain what those names mean.

In addition, I found a document (attached) for the 62 Cadillac models that describes Trieste as loop and Tahitian as plush pile.

Can anyone verify? 
Ex Opel & Fiat car designer
Ex GM car designer
Ex Tata stooge
Current Chinese start-up designer
Bloomfield Hills, Mi.
Vermonster by up-bringing
39 Dodge
29 Model A
72 Alfa
72 Lancia
69 Fiat Cinquecento

Dan LeBlanc

Fleetwood Sixty Special and Eldorado used cut pile in 1961.  Series 62 and deVille were loop pile.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car