News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Membereship Renewal

Started by Lexi, January 29, 2018, 10:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexi

Just renewed my CLC membership via the new online process. Very convenient way to renew. I have one concern though. During the process there did not seem to be a way to log out of Paypal. Computer geeks have always told me to log out of sites after visiting. I re-visited Paypal later only to see that I was still logged in. After seeing that I then logged out in the usual manner. During the CLC renewal process should there be an option to log out of that site or is this no longer a concern? Or did I miss to "check" a box that would have done so at the conclusion of my renewal/Paypal process? Clay/Lexi

Edit: At the end of checking out I chose the "return to merchant" option when still in Paypal. Perhaps I should have first found a way to log out of Paypal instead? Don't recall seeing the option. In doing so would that have brought me back to the CLC? The order of the procedure and one's options were not clear unless I missed something.

cadman56

Guess I'm old fashioned.  Will still send them a check. 
1956 Cadillac Coupe deVille (sold)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1956 Cadillac Eldorado Seville (sold)
1967 Cadillac Eldorado (sold)
1968 Cadillac Convertible (Sold)
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dElegance
Larry Blanchard CLC #5820

Lexi

Larry I usually call Mike Book to renew, besides he is the greatest guy to chat with! Alas, there was no Mike to converse with during the online process... :(  Clay/Lexi

Jason Edge

If you are into the Cadillacs and the CLC for the long haul, the best option is to become a Life member when you hit your 10 year mark. I haven't worried about renewals since 2010!
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Exec Vice President
1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - https://6364cadillac.ning.com
Carolina Region Webmaster - https://cr-clc.ning.com
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

nysdarkblue

Ah, do you automatically become a lifetime member after 10 years?
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX

The Tassie Devil(le)

No.   It costs.

As I get older, I wished I had done it earlier, but at the time, I simply wasn't that flush with funds to be able to do it, especially when it costs overseas members a lot more.

Now I don't do it, simply because I don't know when I am going to kark it.   Meaning, not getting my money's worth.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

35-709

You become eligible for Life Membership after 10 years.  Life Membership is $750, so, depending on your age and health, it might be a good deal.  Bruce and I are too old (especially Bruce).
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

The Tassie Devil(le)

I thought I was younger that you. ;)

But, for me, the cost is US$1,000.00, so when converting that to my currency, it is way more.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

chrisntam

$750 / $55 = 13.6 years to break even.

I joined in '15, 10 yrs will be '25, I'll be 65.  Will break even at age 78.

Hmmm.

Why didn't you guys get me to join sooner?

Not sure what I'll be doing at 78.

Wonder what the average age of new members is?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

35-709

"I thought I was younger that you. ;)"

Wellll, actually you are.  I was hoping you wouldn't remember when I stretched the truth --- just a little.   ;D
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Lexi I use PayPal almost daily. As soon as you log in to make your payment you're given the option to "return to merchant" or "log out". Either way you're logged out of PayPal when you do either. As soon as the PayPal window closes, you're logged out.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Lexi

Yepper, I agree but in my case I remained logged in for some reason. After renewing my CLC, I resumed some net searching on my browser and then decided to take another look at my PayPal account. That is when I discovered that I was not logged out which I though odd. So I checked my account to ensure all was well, then logged out of PayPal in the usual way. My guess is that I should have looked for a way to log out of PayPal 1st rather than return to merchant in this case. Only pointed this out as it seemed odd to me as well and a lot of the older members may like the heads up as they are probably not tech savvy. For those renewing online, I would run a separate check on your PayPal to be sure it is closed. Will have another shot at this next year!  \m/  Clay/Lexi

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: lexi on January 30, 2018, 10:26:14 AM
Yepper, I agree but in my case I remained logged in for some reason. After renewing my CLC, I resumed some net searching on my browser and then decided to take another look at my PayPal account. That is when I discovered that I was not logged out which I though odd. So I checked my account to ensure all was well, then logged out of PayPal in the usual way. My guess is that I should have looked for a way to log out of PayPal 1st rather than return to merchant in this case. Only pointed this out as it seemed odd to me as well and a lot of the older members may like the heads up as they are probably not tech savvy. For those renewing online, I would run a separate check on your PayPal to be sure it is closed. Will have another shot at this next year!  \m/  Clay/Lexi

Agree completely, you "should" have been logged out of PayPal when you 'returned to merchant'. CLC needs to have their webmaster look at that.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Peter Gariepy 26457

The Paypal payment options gives you an opportunity to "Stay logged in for faster checkout".  If you leave it off (the default) your paypal acct will be changed, then you will be send back to the CLC site and you will be logged out of Paypal.

The only exception is if you previously logged into Paypal. In which case you will remain logged in.

Hope that addressed any security concerns.

TonyZappone #2624

I have forgotten.  Do we get written notice of renewal?
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Peter Gariepy 26457

Tony.
Yes, as as well as email renewal notices.

TonyZappone #2624

Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

Tito Sobrinho

Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.