News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Judging Divisions

Started by Cadman53, February 03, 2018, 03:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadman53

Can anyone explain to me the difference in judging a car in the Touring Division vs. the Primary Division.  Are the judges just not as picky or is the only difference the fact that you drove your car to the Grand National.  Need info.  Can't find on the website.  Thanks :-[

Barry M Wheeler #2189

There is no difference in the scrutiny of the judges. The touring class was instituted some years ago to encourage owners to bring and show their "daily driver" or "fun" car, and not worry about scratches in the paint, or a cloth over where the driver sits to cover holes. It used to be that if you got over (I think) 91/92 points, you should have put your car in Primary Class, and you were disqualified. Since your car is judged only against "itself," competing in Primary is a good learning curve to tell you what you need to correct on your car for the next time you show it. Touring is kind of fun because if you "miss" something, it's not the end of the world.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Jeff Hansen

As Barry mentioned, there is no difference in the level of scrutiny by the judges.  The difference is really in the prizes that can be won and the number of points needed to attain the prize.  This is all explained in Chapters 7 and 8 of the Judging Manual beginning on page 17.

The judging manual can be found at this link:

http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/resource/resmgr/judging/CLC_Judging_Manual_2017_V8.pdf

If you need further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact Chief Judge Bill Anderson.  He is more than happy to answer whatever questions you may have about our judging process.

I hope you find this helpful!
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Cadman53

Thanks y'all for the information.  The manual was just what I was looking for.  Excellent information.

gary griffin

I have judged in the past and offered to judge this summer in Texas and wonder where I can get the manual. Lots to download especially with caveat not to reproduce.

Judging is not a lot of fun but is interesting but we lose hours of enjoying the show. All cars start with 100 points and points are deducted for discrepancies  between the manual and the cars.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

gkhashem

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/page/TechnicalResources

Also the participants need to read it too, not sure how many people do.

No offense, but I bet I have read it more times than many others have. I have read the old one and the new one. (but I digress again so I better
keep quiet)

Then, if you are being fair you should have no complaints about the process.

Then you can if you desire, fix the items on the car to score higher.

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)