News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Is a 57 Eldorado bumper jack unique or compatible with other years ?

Started by Acmemopars, February 18, 2018, 05:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acmemopars

Hi ~

I do not have a bumper jack for my 57 Eldo and for multiple reasons, I need one.

My question is if the 57 Eldorado is unique and one year only or would other year models work in a pinch ?

I know the rear bumper is different but what other year model bumper jacks would work until I can find the correct year model bumper jack ?

I'm looking for options,

Thank You
Mike Nelson
Denison, Tx
CLC# 31194

57 Eldo Survivor
70 Sunroof Charger 1 of 1
56 F100

vegas49er

Hi, The 1957 Eldorado jack is a one year fit only. There is also a tongue that goes with it and has two positions on it. Long and short I believe. That is because the front and back have different jacking points. I had a serious time finding one for my 57 but did luck out. They are hard to find. Good luck in your search. F.Johnson.

Lexi

I seem to recall seeing a posting for a 1957 Eldo bumper jack that was offered for sale at a Grand National within the last 5 years. The seller had it advertised on that display that is usually near the conference room where anybody can pin pictures or handwritten ads for things wanted or items for sale. Yes, it is a long shot, but these are just the kind of leads that you follow up on. Perhaps that item may still be available. Almost certainly it was a CLC member. I just can't remember which GN it was. Perhaps the member who offered it for sale can comment? Clay/Lexi

Paul Tesone