News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Bumper Jacks

Started by Bob Schuman, February 26, 2018, 10:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Schuman

My 1959 Master Parts Book lists one part number, 1457164, as the bumper jack for all 1948-1955 Cadillacs. I know of two different styles believed to be original equipment in at least some of those years, and Art Gardner mentioned in the Wanted forum knowing of three styles. One of the two styles I know of is definitely not correct for my 49 CDV.
Can we get some input from members who can clear up what are the correct bumper jacks for Cadillacs for the years 1948 through 1955, preferably with photos?
Bob Schuman
Bob Schuman, CLC#254
2017 CT6-unsatisfactory (repurchased by GM)
2023 XT5

Lexi

Amen. Would love to see coverage up to 1960 with inclusion of Eldo jacks as well, (and Broughams), of which some from 1957-on were I believe different from the other model's jacks. Also needed are the jack/storage peripheral items such as jack hold down springs, the extra long hold down lug nut for the spare, the inner trunk jacking instructions, that grey dog dish cap for the spare (up to '54 only?), wooden wheel chocks etc. And last but not least, those for commercial cars; i.e. the sill jacks as noted in the MPLs. It took me ages just to confirm, more or less, that "commercial" for my year of Caddy, (1956), meant Series 86 only, not Series 75 Limousines. Never seen an authority manual, but shouldn't these topics be covered there to facilitate judging? Clay/Lexi