News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Help with power antenna identification - 1960's or ?

Started by Eldorado James, February 28, 2018, 10:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eldorado James

Hello CLCers...

A few years ago I bought a bunch of parts from the estate of a former Cadillac mechanic.  In one of the boxes was this really clean power antenna, which I have tested and it works excellent.  Even though it looks like a late 1960's-1976 GM antenna, it does not have the 4 conductor wiring that the 1973-76 Cadillacs used. 

Perhaps this is from the 1960's?  Were any of the pre-1971 antennas based on 2 conductor wiring?  The only identification # I can find is where the (short) antenna lead goes into the mast body...  021577 (date code?  Looks nothing like the plastic housed 1977 Eldorado ones. Maybe other GM divisions still used this heavier version?) and 302300-312.  Wiring appears to be original.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  The Internet hasn't been helpful with information on it.

EJ
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

Dan LeBlanc

It almost looks Ford to me as they used that style of electrical connector a lot.  Same as the ball on the end of the mast.  GM was more cylindrical while Ford was more spherical.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Eldorado James

Interesting that you say that, Dan.  I was going to write that I had seen similar antennas in a 70's Lincoln, and thought (at a glance) that they were Cadillacs.  The top mount, as I recall, was different though.  I'll have to check some old Ford pages and see if those plugs match.  It does appear to be all original.  Thank for the reply.
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

Dan LeBlanc

I say that because I had the dash apart to replace the bulbs in my 77 Continental and run a new speaker wire . . . there were lots of that style connector of which I've never seen any on any GM I've worked on.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

jsanford

Definitely a Ford bullet connector, GM always used blade style.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Sacramento, CA
1980 Seville
1981 Eldorado
2016 ELR