News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1942-47 door

Started by kgreen, February 28, 2018, 02:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgreen

I've located this door and the seller does not know what series of Cadillac it is from.  I'm trying to rebuild a 1941 series 62 door.  While not a perfact swap, is the door similar enough for me to get the door skin and glass?

kgreen

I just found out about the Hollander interchange manuals and bought one.  Hope this works.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

What door are you working on?? Series etc.
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Jeff Hansen

Hi Ken,

I concur with Bob.  What body style of the series 62 do you have?  2 or 4 door?  Convertible, convertible sedan, coupe, sedan?  We need a little more information to help you.

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Barry M Wheeler #2189

In a word, no. No 1942-47 door will fit a 1941 Series 62 no matter what the body style. (If it were a Series 61 from both sets of years, yes.)

If you can't find a Cadillac door, 1940/1941 Buick Super/Roadmaster, Olds 98, or Senior Pontiac will work with some hole filling. Your Hollander will confirm this. Good luck, and this is meant kindly, slow down. Wait until you find the right one. It's not impossible. Of course, you have to use the same body, I.E. four door, coupe, etc.

If you have an open car, a closed car door CAN be modified to fit with a lot of work. (That's a different story.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville