News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Scored an autronic eye tool today

Started by txturbo, March 03, 2018, 12:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

txturbo

Picked this up at an estate sale.
D. Roden
1956 Coupe De Ville PINK
1963 Cadillac Sedan De Ville

walt chomosh #23510

Dan,
  You might want to meet fellow Texan Jose Gomez who is not only an electrical engineer but a wiz on auto headlight dimming. (not to mention many other vintage Cadillac subjects) I may have to drive down from Tulsa for some tuning on mine eventually!....walt...tulsa,ok 

txturbo

I think I’ve talked to him once before. If you come down, let me know. I might be able to meet up with you someplace.
D. Roden
1956 Coupe De Ville PINK

J. Gomez

Quote from: walt chomosh #23510 on March 03, 2018, 04:55:00 PM
Dan,
  You might want to meet fellow Texan Jose Gomez who is not only an electrical engineer but a wiz on auto headlight dimming. (not to mention many other vintage Cadillac subjects) I may have to drive down from Tulsa for some tuning on mine eventually!....walt...tulsa,ok

Walt,

Thanks for the complement I’m just a tinkerer, although my boss tells me I brake things and never fix them..!  ;D

Quote from: txturbo on March 03, 2018, 05:30:38 PM
I think I’ve talked to him once before. If you come down, let me know. I might be able to meet up with you someplace.

Dan,

Great catch and you have the complete set with the aiming tool, the instructions and the small allen wrench and the small flat head screwdriver.   8)

I have an AE-2 model which need to be connected to the battery and about 4-5 of the same Kent-Moore/Sun model 10 which are battery operated 4- D cells which I had to refurbished them.

Just as a FYI the battery clips do brake at least on all of mine, since folks use to leave the batteries inside and the get corroded. The batteries are place in series and the ends on both rows will go to “+” and “-“ the Model 10 is just 3V but requires more juice for the meter and the rheostats inside.

When you have time to play with the new toy turn the “sensitivity” switch all the way and check the test light bulb (the square box that goes inside the phototube) and see if is working. Turning the toggle switch you will see the changes on the light bulb, from “dim” high light to “hold” dim light. Then you are all set..!

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

txturbo

Thanks Jose. Yes the battery clips are broken. I’ll be back home in a couple weeks and I might get some time to mess with it. It looks like all the pieces are laying inside the battery compartment. Looks like the acid ate away the little brass rivet that held it all together. Is there someplace to buy those?
D. Roden
1956 Coupe De Ville PINK

J. Gomez

Quote from: txturbo on March 06, 2018, 02:34:21 PM
Thanks Jose. Yes the battery clips are broken. I’ll be back home in a couple weeks and I might get some time to mess with it. It looks like all the pieces are laying inside the battery compartment. Looks like the acid ate away the little brass rivet that held it all together. Is there someplace to buy those?

I try using the cooper tubular oval head rivets but even with the punching tool it was difficult to get everything line up in place the battery clip the insulators, etc., etc. I ended up using the aluminum pop rivets with the large shank.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

txturbo

Thanks.....I’ll give that a try. Do you have any experience with the auto closing trunk assembly?
D. Roden
1956 Coupe De Ville PINK

J. Gomez

Quote from: txturbo on March 06, 2018, 09:24:12 PM
Thanks.....I’ll give that a try. Do you have any experience with the auto closing trunk assembly?

Dan,

I did two for the 1956 the one on my car and a second one I had as spare, the one on the car just needed a cleanup and a rewiring, the spare one needed a bit more work but luckily all the pieces were in good to fair shape.

Shoot me a PM with your info, I can share what I have done and some pictures of the spare rebuilt.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082