News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1949 Cadillac Limousine Running Board Rubber

Started by jaxops, March 06, 2018, 07:49:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaxops

Anyone know where these can be found?  I might have to plan on re-using the old ones.
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Tom Boehm

Hello Mark, The following guys can replace the rubber on your running boards. Both are in Canada. They do good work but it is expensive. Unfortunately I think they are your only option short of reusing the original.
These guys do not sell a glue on mat. They apply new rubber to all sides of your runningboards like the factory did. Pat Rowden did mine and I am very pleased with the results. http://www.runningboardrubber.com/            http://www.runningboardrubbermats.com/vintagerunningboards.html     

jaxops

Excellent- thank you both.  I will check these folks out.
1979 Lincoln Continental

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You guys are helping in the wrong direction. 1946-1949 Cadillac Series 75 had a stainless running board with FLAT running board rubber. It does not go around the sides like 1941-1942.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Tom Boehm

Thank you Barry, I learned something. I looked at some pictures of 1949 Cadillac 75's and it appears a glue on mat would work in this case. Metro makes some generics that would work. http://metrommp.com/index.cfm?f=part_list_by_type&Type=Running%20Board%2FFloor%20Mat
There was a CLC member Gerald Capak of Vero Beach Florida who had a run of mats made with the correct rib pattern for senior series Cadillacs a few years ago. He is in the roster. I do not know if he still has some. If you want the correct rib pattern your only option may still be the guys in Canada.

jaxops

Barry & Tom,

Good catch.  Thanks so much again.  I will check out Metro and Steele and see what they have.  There had been some repairs/alterations in the 1970s to the car so I couldn't be certain what was original or messed with.
1979 Lincoln Continental

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

The Vero Beach connection was for 38 to 40 big series cars.  It has a different pattern from the later 75 series cars.  In any case I don't think it is available anymore.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

mujdey

Thanks for sharing the link, it is just what I was looking for. To cut it short, I plan to go on a business trip before Christmas and I decided to book a transfer from the airport to Denver in advance. More than that, we are meeting with our partners at the airport, so I will need a presentable high-level car. Frankly speaking, I found some interesting variants of limo cars on the internet and I was very surprised at the affordable prices. You can click here and see the offers that I found. Honestly, I thought that it will cost much more.