News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1973 SEDAN DEVILLE TAIL LIGHT CLUSTER REMOVAL

Started by BIG RAB, March 15, 2018, 04:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIG RAB

Good evening,

I have just imported a 1973 Sedan Deville from Seattle to Scotland in the UK.

To comply with UK legislation (MOT) the rear indicators require to flash amber as opposed to the US red.

I have found a company within the UK who can work wonders with LED's which will give the amber flash.

To get the conversion done I need to remove the chrome/silver reflector plate which is where my problem lies.

I can remove the top segment red lense easily which gives access to the bulb and reflector plate.

However the reflector backplate looks as if it's a one piece part which goes down into the lower segment lense, this lower lense/housing I cannot see how to remove.

Can anyone advise how I get the reflector backplate out ?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I've just joined the forum and was unable to find anything on the subject.

Regards

35-709

If I understand your question correctly, there is no bulb in the lower part, it is a reflector only, so I would assume no need to remove it.  The Cadillac factory shop manual gives the removal procedure and with that car, especially in a "foreign" country, that should be your next purchase, in my opinion.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

BIG RAB

Guys thanks for your responses, I'll get one of these manuals.

The car came with a Haynes manual but I can find no reference to what I need.

Meantime, until I get one which will probably take a couple of weeks (shipped from USA) if anyone can answer my question to allow me to get started that would be appreciated.

Regards