News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1960 series 62 seats

Started by spf720, March 16, 2018, 10:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spf720

Ok so this is probably a question to show my newbi status to Cadillac but here goes - is there any difference in the seats of a 1960 series 62 compared to a 1960 DeVille? When buying seat upholstery it says both 62 and DeVille although I believe the DeVille is actually a series 63

patton6606@gmail.com

Hello Fowler

We appreciate your interest in learning more about the 1960 Cadillac. Please go to the Newsletter Section on this Forum to view our recent 5960 Cadillac Chapter Newsletter.

59-in-pieces

Without a little bit more info., I assume you are referring to a Series 62 Coupe and a Coupe DeVille.
The short answer is no with respect to the mechanical aspects of the seats, front and back.
However, there is a great deal of difference in the seat upholstery and the coverings on the doors and quarters.
Even the name designation tells you that the Coupe is not the same in design or appointments than that of the upscale DeVillle.
There are sites like the brochure project and the GM site which have interior pictures from the original marketing materials which should help you draw your own opinion that the "one size fits all" that you refer to is not correct.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

spf720

Thank you for these responses. I should have been more specific in my question. I want to know if the frame and size of the seats is the same -would a front and rear seat from a series 62 be the same physical size as a DeVille. I realize the material of the seat coverings would be different and that could be changed providing the seat itself would be the same underneath.

Thanks again for the information.

Steve

David Greenburg

In addition to the fabric and trim differences, the front seats of a DeVille have a center armrest, while the 62 does not.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special