News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'57 Door Conduit Question

Started by Dan Koser, March 27, 2018, 12:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Koser

My 1957 Series 62 has "door conduits" that shield wires running from the body into the door to run the power windows. In my application, the conduits attach to the door and, when the door is shut, extend into the body. The opening in the body to receive the conduit is about 2" x 3". There are two screw holes above and below this opening in the body...my question is what goes there? Is there a piece of rubber...or ? that receives the conduit? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,  Dan

Paul Tesone

Dan - I had the same question myself , as I am in the process of restoring a 57 Eldo  . I could be wrong , but I think the screw holes are used to attach a block out plate for vehicles that do not have power windows , and therefore no need for a wire protector . Check out eBay item # 382335531737. Let me know what you think . Paul Tesone CLC# 6876

Dan Koser

VERY interesting Paul. I think you're right. Those are the right shape and the screw holes are in the right places. It's been a while since I took the door conduits off, and I didn't remember if there was anything that "received" them on the body side. I'm satisfied...thanks very much for that insight! Best, Dan

Roger Zimmermann

It's also my opinion that both holes are for the plate when the windows are not electric. None of my cars (with electric Windows)  have/had a rubber seal at this location.
I'm not sure, but this question came some time ago.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

cadparts58

That is exactly what the holes are for. One of the many 57-58's I have taken apart had manual windows. I still have the block out plates from that car.
Frank Puma #10721