News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Eldorado Seville featured on West Coast Customs 4/3

Started by chrisntam, April 03, 2018, 09:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Strolling through the TV guide, it tells me that on Velocity Channel tonight (4/3), West Coast Customs is featuring a '57 Eldo Seville.

The prime time showing is over, but they replay it at 10 pm Central time.  I'll DVR it and watch it later.  Hopefully, they'll be kind to it.  They'll likely show it again next Tuesday, 4/10 too.

chris.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Bobby B

Chris,
Hi. Bring your Barf Bag if you're going to bother watching it. I happened to have it on in the background whilst doing the dinner dishes. Travesty would be too kind of a word...... >:(
No offense to WCC, but I honestly can't believe most (if not all) of the Garbage that they build for people. Maybe I'm just getting too old, but I'd be embarrassed to own something from that shop, let alone pay for it. He might've lined his pockets as a Reality Show Rock Star, but that's about as far as it goes in my book. I won't go any further if you know what I mean  >:D.......
                                                                                 Bobby

1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1968 Mustang Convertible
1973 Mustang Convertible
1969 Jaguar E-Type Roadster
1971 Datsun 240Z
1979 H-D FLH

Cape Cod Fleetwood

I've been watching WCC since it came on the air, can't imagine life without that show.
They're not about restoration, they're about hallucination, some of things they've done are
totally insane. LOVE that show, hope I catch a repeat of what they did with the old Caddy.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

The Tassie Devil(le)

No wonder I do my own custom work.   Could never afford to have someone else do it.

WCC is only for the well-heeled.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

David King (kz78hy)

I can't think of single vehicle they worked on that was better in the end.   I've not watched in several years.  Being the car business, seeing the alterations they do which can defeat the safety systems designed into the vehicle just makes me cringe.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

59-in-pieces

OK, I admit it - I watched that episode.
West Coast Customs is here in Burbank, Calif. where I live - on the other side of the freeway and the tracks, I must add.

In the episode:
They painted the car high metallic gun metal grey, with a white top (car was red) - YUCK.
They then stenciled a spinal column (back bones) from the front fender through, the door, to the rear end of the quarter in a lighter grey, with darker high-lites to distinguish each vertebra - YUCK YUCK

With the exception of the bumpers front and back and the lower quarter panel trim, the rest of the trim was blacked out (oh, except for the Cad crest/Logo, but "V" blacked out, on the hood) - YUCK YUCK YUCK

Now to the trim mentioned above that was not blacked out - it was sealed with a paint like system (or wrap?) that looks like chrome (Jay Leno high-lited it and liked the process), but not in chrome but bright shinny chartreuse, monkey bile green - YUCK YUCK YUCK YUCK

The interior was the standard redo but added lumbar padding with the owner's log - a chiropractor.
To wrap it up, they added a sound system in the trunk and kick panels (3 speakers each?).
OOPS I almost misted the creme de la creme - they put the car on "voice" operated air bags - low-rider style, with colored lights all around.
ALL-IN-ALL, I give it 5 YUCKS UP.

It was a real shame because I could have used the rear bumper ends.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

STS05lg

Steve, a picture is worth a thousand words. (The Doctor is the gentleman with the beard)

http://www.pictaram.net/tag/thegoodchiropractor

PS: what is it like to live in "beautiful downtown Burbank", all I remember about Burbank was the NBC Studio  ;D  ;D  ;D

35-709

It's ALL about the money --- driven by poor taste.  The whole idea is to assault the senses and the younger gen. loves that.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

chrisntam

1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Uhegej

What a waste of time and money... I feel sad for the car...
John Hegedus

1979 Fleetwood Brougham

Cape Cod Fleetwood

The only gripe I have with the chiro's ad is him pimping a Glock, not a fan.
The car, is totally 'him', the Chiro Caddy, using the bones images on the car was brilliant.
The green I could have done without however it DOES make the car flash.
A very unique and typical WCC job, 2 thumbs up. JMHO.
\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

fishnjim

Chrisntam video nailed it for me.
That's the only "problem" with this "sport".   Anyone with $$ can do whatever they want to anything collectable and those wanting, seeking, or needing parts are snubbed/shut out.   It's the proverbial, "more money than brains".   
Especially bad when they take a real good one, because they don't want to do the hard work and invest the time and $ to resurrect/fix up a bad one in need of a home...
I'm convinced when you see a poorly chosen color scheme the owner is color blind and it looks good to them, but not the rest.   Only rationale for some choices.
Saving grace, it doesn't appear they did anything irreversible to it.

Cadillac Jack 82

Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV