News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1954/1955 gold anodized license frames

Started by 5390john, April 12, 2018, 09:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5390john

For the first time since beginning my 6 year restoration of my '55 6237DX, I came across a license frame on e-bay that is virtually the same as the OEM version that came on my car. I bought it and received it yesterday. It had what was left of the original packaging. It was made by "International Manufacturing, 2519 Washington St. Roxbury MA."
I Google mapped the location, turns out it was next door to Gately Cadillac Restoration in Roxbury. I called them, they had never heard of International Manufacturing.
These anodized frames are really rare, used only on '54 and '55. Anybody heard of International Manufacturing? I would bet they were the OEM supplier to GM back in the day as the frame I just got is so close it couldn't have been a copy.
Attached is a photo of my car, you can zoom in on the frame, it's the original frame, re-anodized and restored as best I could get it.
John Adams 
1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Sorry but the car is so shiney it is hard to see anything.
Nice car.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

V63

Those license plate frames were offed thru 1958...to commorate years between both golden anniversary of Cadillac (1952) and (1958) General Motors.