News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Ignorant question on 59 cadillacs

Started by kevinanderson, April 15, 2018, 12:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinanderson

Be kind to me....... but when 59's have a V in the back up lamp, does that mean it has the 3 deuce set . Is that considered a Q code?
Kevin

Roger Zimmermann

If I'm right,  Eldo, 60S and Serie 75 cars have that V in the back-up lamp. The engine has no influence.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Quentin Hall

I believe that series 62 cars with tri power were equipped with the bumper V and yes, all tripower equipped cars have the “Q “ code stamped on the engine unit number.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Roger is correct.  V emblem across back up lamps applies to model; engine option is irrelevant.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Hey, a little urban legend doesn't hurt. (Of course, it helps if it's correct...) As I recall, the '55 Chevrolet had small V-8 tags under the tail lamps to tell the guys with the Fords "not to bother" peeling out, so why not a similar idea for the Cadillacs?
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Roger Zimmermann

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on April 15, 2018, 12:43:07 PM
Hey, a little urban legend doesn't hurt.
With all the due respect, I don't agree. I was confronted from time to time with such legends and it's sometimes difficult to establish what is correct or not, especially when  somebody out of the US is trying to prove a yankee he is wrong...
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

kevinanderson

So model specific. I've always wondered. Thanks guys.
Kevin