News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1969 Cadillac limo splash shields question

Started by 1969cadillac, April 19, 2018, 01:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969cadillac

hello ! I am replacing the splash covers on my 69 limo

Q . do they sit as in the first 3 pictures

OR

as in the last 3 pictures

I was wondering if the main large one sits on the control arm and the smaller cover with the flap goes towards the wheel

OR

push the larger  over the top of the control arm so that it sits on the inner control arm shaft and the smaller flap is pushed past the control arm bush so it is towards the engine .

your thought s please , Murray Mules

DeVille68

Hi Murry,

Neither of those look right to me. Unfortunately, I have not found a nice picture of my splash shields. I just recently installed part of the splash shield and have only found pictures of the original broken pieces.
If I am lucky, I can install my suspension this weekend and then I will take some pictures of the reinstalled splash shield.

You want the rubber hanging over the outside of the frame to prohibit the water to be able to enter the frame.

Remember that my car is a 68, might be slightly different than your 69.

Best regards,
Nicolas
1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible (silver pine green)