News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hood / Trunk Emblem Clips - 1957 CDV

Started by My57CDV, April 21, 2018, 08:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My57CDV

Hey Everyone,

I'm needing to replace the clips that secure the hood & truck Emblems & Letters (Cadillac -truck only) to each deck piece.  Also, the clips that secure the fender Letters (Coupe De Ville) to the fenders.

Where can I find these??  I haven't had any success locating them.

Thanks!

Mark A.

59-in-pieces

Mark,
Please post a picture of each clip you want to replace - even if they are broken.
If you can't find exactly what you want, maybe a close substitute can be suggested.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Maybe if your brought your emblems/script to a body shop that does restorations they could tell you what to get and where? They may even sell you what you need? Maybe do it for you for a nominal fee?
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

My57CDV

Thanks for the reply Cape Cod Fleetwood ... the bodyshop is who suggested I find them ... thus posting here.

chrisntam

You might try USA Parts Supply, the sell all the scripts, not sure about the clips. 

Do post a pic(s) of what you're needing.

You might also try Restoration Specialties (props to Ralph Messina for posting a link in another thread!).  http://www.restorationspecialties.com/index.html  814-467-9842

Sounds like some paint work may be occurring???

As a side note, the local Cadillac Club is setting up for the Pate Swap Meet (largest swap meet west of the Mississippi) beginning Thursday, they decided to hire out setting the concrete bases and poles.  We placed tiles yesterday until it started raining, will finish today.  Missed you being there!

chris
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

My57CDV

Thanks for the tip and lead Chris ... I'll work on a couple Pics.

chris cunliffe

OPGI sell a selection of emblem fitting kits
1957 Eldorado Seville #967