News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 Fleetwood d'Elegance or Talisman Rear Window Frame & Beltline Trim

Started by fellenzer, April 22, 2018, 08:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fellenzer

Hi,

Redoing the top on my 1976 Fleetwood and looking for the rear window frame and beltline trim from a d'Elegance or Talisman. So far, no luck with parts advertisers in the CLC newsletter or Hemmings' advertisers.

Any suggestions? Trim color doesn't matter as it can be changed but car color is Claret and top color was originally Mahogany.

Sample of what I'm looking for attached.

Thanks.
Michael Fellenzer, #30007
Indianapolis, IN
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1976 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham (EFI, ACRS)
1976 Coupe deVille (Astro/Cabriolet)
1984 Seville
1989 Fleetwood Coupe
1989 Sedan deVille
1992 Fleetwood
1992 Coupe deVille
1992 Sedan deVille
1993 Sixty Special (Ultra)
1994 Fleetwood Brougham
2015 SRX

STS05lg

Michael, if you are looking for the top colored trim that is under the Crome around the base of the vinyl top at the base of the C pillar and running under the rear window, around to the oppsit C pilar. That product has been out of production sense the late 1970's. I know, because I look to buy a roll in the mid 1980's. To my knowledge it is not being reproduced. The only source would be a parts car. Parts Cars in the SW would not be a source because it would be cooked by the sun. The example in your picture appears to be in good condition and could be dyed a different color. That is one of the problems with mid 1970's cars, there was so much plastic parts that no one has bothered to reproduce.