News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Anyone recommend Best car cover for 1966 DeVille Conv. All weather breathable

Started by johwilli, April 12, 2018, 06:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johwilli

Looking to buy a brand new all weather car cover for 1966 DeVille Convertible.
Would use in driveway for season - don't want any moisture trapped.
Any ideas are welcome

Carl Fielding

Hi John  ! Welcome to CLC forums. I just stumbled into your posting. You can see that there is not as much traffic way down here compared to General Discussion above. It would be a good idea to introduce yourself and your Cadillac there, and start the discussion. Please include the part of the country where the car is being used. Sun, precipitation, wind and temperature are all considerations. Also extremely important is how often you will be driving your car.

Back in March of 1966, I rented a brand new (88 miles on it), 1966 red Cad convertible with a friend of mine. Easter Week festivities in Santa Cruz, CA. We went 'round and about with all the other kids who were "profiling" and carrying on as kids did back then. Oh ! And the howls hurled at us. "Daddy's car! Daddy's car!"  We were ready with a quick comeback : "That's right, sucker. And he lets us drive it any time we want! "  They were not expecting, and didn't like that. But we were young, and laughing so hard, because we knew we had rented the thing from Hertz Rent-a-Pose!

A few years later I bought a red '65 Eldo and put many a happy mile on it. I now have '71 and '76 Eldo drop tops. I also have a 1924 drop top, and a 1927 sedan.

Again, glad you are with us. Are you a CLC member?       -  Carl

P.S. The guys and gals love to see pictures of everyone's cars.  Here are my oldies :

Highwayman68

Hi John,

I bought a Beverly Hills Car Cover indoor cover for my 68 back in the 80's and I am still using it. They are custom designed to fit the car.

Here is a link to their outdoor breathable covers
https://www.beverlyhillsautocovers.com/car-covers-new.html?find=1966-cadillac-fleetwood-base-4192616

So tell us more about the car you have, how you got it, why you have it, what it needs, what your plans are with it and where you are located.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981