News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1955 Lug Nuts

Started by 55 ledsled, April 27, 2018, 03:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

55 ledsled

Hello,
I can't find any new replacement bearing dust covers, and all of the parts catalogs tell me that my lug nuts are 1/2" x 20. I ordered some lugs and they did not fit. Anyone know the actual size of the threads on a 1955 series 62?

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

That I don't know. But please remember the left handed ones. I am sure you know but I didn't at first and I felt like an idiot.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

55 ledsled

Like an idiot I forgot about the LH lugs. I found some and ordered. THanks

Jay Friedman

If by "new replacement bearing dust covers" you mean what is also called "grease caps", I may have 2 good used ones.  Email me privately at jaysfriedman@yahoo.com if interested.

Jay
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

55 ledsled

Yes, grease covers. Mine are dented up and wanted to find some that were in good shape. Thanks