News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Car cover - where to buy

Started by chrisntam, May 02, 2018, 10:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisntam

Looking for a car cover for my '70 Deville.  Temporary outside, overnight type usage, like at the GN.

Where is the best place to purchase one?
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Don't laugh, my friend Charlie with the 33 cars buys covers off eBay. His cars are in a barn and 7 Shelter Logics. I'm waiting for him to send me the link and I'll post it here. He says they're breathable, easy to put on, and like $20 each including shipping. That $20 could be mustang size. I'll post the link as soon as I have it, I want one too!

\m/
Laurie
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

David Greenburg

I’ve always been happy with Cal Car Cover. You can discuss your particular needs with them and get useful advice.  For my ‘60 I wanted good indoor protection with the ability to have occasional outdoor use at a GN or driving tour and they set me up with a great cover.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Caddy Wizard

I have had cheapo ebay covers and expensive covers.  The cheap ones I have tried have lasted about 3 years of outdoor use before falling apart.  To me, that isn't terrible value.  I am looking for another cheap cover for my 55 FW right now...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

davedeltadog

I bought a Motor Trend XL size cover cheap ($20) at a place called Ollie's here in Tennessee. Was supposed to fit a twenty foot car, couldn't stretch it over my 69 Coupe and couldn't get it into the tiny storage bag that came with it. Will be looking for a replacement. I'm using old blankets form Good Will that are super cheap and very soft. I guess I could have someone sew them together.

Jim Miller

You can never get the cover back in the bag. I put mine in one of those vacuum storage bags and suck the air out with the sweeper. Makes a nice small package I can then keep in the trunk.
Jim Miller
Jim Miller

1941 6219
1949 6237X
1970 CDV
2021 XT6
Past:
1991 SDV
1999 DeElegence
2006 DTS
2013 XTS
2016 SRX

nysdarkblue

Just make sure when you order one, you have the dimensions of your car. Some say big body, when they are actually for a mid size car.
Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX