News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

How NOT to drive a Fleetwood

Started by STS05lg, May 03, 2018, 09:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadillacmike68

He must have switched off the traction control...
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

James Landi

Have to wonder just how much abuse a Cadillac can sustain before the abuser exceeds the "engineered durability" of the machine to continue to operate.  I baby my cars--- so much so that I was able to turn 315,000 miles on one of my "hook and two" 4100's-- and by "baby," I never forced the transmission to downshift into second or first gears.

Eldorado James

Having fun with old Cadillacs....loved it!  Those LT-1 Fleetwoods are beasts.....that's the kind of power the 1980's Cadillacs sorely needed.  The 4100 engine would of melted before the tires would have smoked....lol.

Eldorado James
~Eldorado James~

Currently:
1972 Eldorado Convertible
1975 Eldorado Convertible

Past Cadillacs:  Too many to remember.

nysdarkblue

Bill Estes
1990 Cadillac Brougham
2008 Cadillac DTS
2015 SRX

Scot Minesinger

As Mike so correctly noted you have to turn off the traction control to make that happen.  That  was my first thought when viewing the video.  My daily driver 1995 Fleetwood did much better in deep snow with traction control off, but better on ice with it on.

I would never have done that.  It is just careless wear and tear.  However, it was that capability that was more easily demonstrated to passengers less destructively that shut the "why did you buy an old person's car?" question down.

I drove my Fleetwood slightly aggressively, after all it is a performance car.  The acceleration was terrific.  That remains the best car I ever owned as a daily driver.  Never did that kind off crazy abuse.  It still drove like new at 254k miles when I sold it.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty