News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Considering bagging mine. Looking for experienced feedback

Started by Irishjack, May 05, 2018, 05:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irishjack

Hello again fellas
As Ive mentioned a few times my 63 droptop was bought to be my semi daily driver (whenever I cant ride my bike to the shop or want to take the kids places). I'm wrapping up an EFI install this weekend and will be installing the Vintage Air setup next week (Houston heat and 3 little girls arent a good combination). The next part of my project is a possible airbag suspension install. I love dropped Caddys if this era. I was hoping to pick the brains of those that have done this before.

I want to be able to restore my car to original (or pretty dang close)fairly easily. Are there any airbag kits that can be removed and the could springs and shocks reinstalled if one so desired.

What kits did you use and why?

Are you running one or two tanks?

Are you running one or two compressors?

Did you opt for the automatic ride height feature and if so, are you satisfied with it? I want to be able to drive the car at standard ride height without 20 minutes of adjustments to find the preferable inflation height.

Anything I should be careful of? Do you have any tips or tricks?

Thanks all. I truly apprecate your help

Jack

chrisntam

Most folk here want their cars as they came out of Detroit, thus few or no replies...

Have you posted pics of your ride?  We like pics!!

Post your question in the Modified area, here's a link:

http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=58e3ccc798b9bb71e644e19d3076cc7a&board=1.0
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

INTMD8

I have a bit of experience with these systems.

For one I would say do not use the shockwave setup that has a bag integrated with the shock.  Just not enough leverage in the factory location to achieve ride height at a reasonable pressure.

So you are looking at running divorced bags/shocks to start in order to get it to work right.

Second, I would absolutely run a system that used ride height sensors as height by pressure absolutely does not work, unless plus or minus one inch ride height is acceptable to you.

Lastly, and this is just my opinion. I find these systems to generally be a pita, so would only use one if I was trying to keep a factory air suspension car air suspension for the sake of nostalgia.  (but I guess then if I was doing it right it would be all original parts)